Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Totally Wired

A quiet (no) news day today but I still feel obliged to post if only to retain my running "headline theme of the week".

The reserves are playing Staines Town tonight at Wheatsheaf Lane. I had hoped to go but worked later than expected and then had "Dad stuff" to do when I got in. Staines drew 2-2 with Brentford's first team the other week so it won't be an easy game. Hopefully I'll find a report somewhere which I can pilfer for tomorrow's post.

I did discover that Chris James, one of the few genuinely promising prospects in our youth/reserve set-up, is likely to leave the club this summer. He's supposed to be having a trial with Nottingham Forest at the moment, and it looks like he'll be moving on one way or another in search of first team football. It will be sad to lose a talented young player but with him apparently no nearer our first team it's understandable he wants to go.

Still some confusion over whether Bocanegra's contract has run out or not. His original one ended back in June, but there has been a suggestion (on the official message board) that he has extended that to 2008. I can't find any confirmation that he signed an extension at any point but it might explain the lack of talk concerning him.

Finally the Spanish league has a lot further to go before they start their season but I did a little search for Real Sociedad news today to see if Chris Coleman has made any moves and found this article on Goal.com which I thought was worth reading. There's also talk that "There's Only One" Lee Clark has been offered a coaching role, and that "Not Super" Steve Marlet is in talks concerning a possible free transfer (that's some depreciation!).

No comments: