Wednesday, August 08, 2007

New Signing - Hameur Bouazza


Fulham have completed their eighth capture of the summer with the signing of Hameur Bouazza from Watford for something in the region of £3-4m. Bouazza is a striker but played the majority of games on the left wing for Watford last season. He joined Watford as a scholar in 2003 and since then has made 83 league appearances scoring 8 goals. He also made 17 cup appearances for the Hornets in which he scored a further 5 goals, and had a brief spell on loan at Swindon Town in 2006 where he scored 3 goals in 15 appearances. He is French-born Algerian international, finally deciding to play for his parents country (rather than France) in February but has so far only played twice.

I think he's a cracking signing. He's young and pacey and can play up front and on the left wing. Initially he may start ahead of Lee Cook, but longer term I see him as understudy to Diomansey Kamara. I didn't see a great deal of him early on last season, and when I did I wasn't that impressed. However JB my Spurs mate reckoned he was decent, and from then on I took more of an interest. He scored a scorching free kick to equalise against Wigan, and a spectacular volley against Man Utd. in the F.A. Cup semi-final and seemed to be getting stronger as the season ended.

No comments: