Thursday, February 14, 2008

Where did the week go?

Yikes! It's almost a week since my last post. I suspect my days of posting daily are over. I seem to be busier at both work and home without actually getting much more achieved. I had planned to post some longer articles less often but the problem with that is by the time you get round to doing it everything has moved on and your post doesn't seem relevant anymore.

We lost to Middlesbrough, but they are in a good run of form at the moment. They're almost certainly better now than they were when we lost at home back in August. We need to pick up points on our travels but I think it's our home results that will decide whether we stay up or not. We've got no game this weekend thanks to our exit from the F.A. Cup. I tend to believe that a week off is not a good thing. I think we need to keep playing games to get into a groove. Nothing we can do about it. We have to hope Roy can ensure the team is ready for the challenge of West Ham, a game we really need to get some points from.

There's another good article on CCN today trying to work out the likely points totals of the teams at the lower end of the table. It's impossible to do this sort of thing objectively but I do think there are some simple targets we need to aim for. 40 points should be enough to stay up. We're currently on 19 so in the remaining 12 matches we need to pick up 21 points. That's 7 wins. These are our remaining fixtures;

Fulham v West Ham
Fulham v Man Utd
Blackburn v Fulham
Fulham v Everton
Newcastle v Fulham
Derby v Fulham
Fulham v Sunderland
Reading v Fulham
Fulham v Liverpool
Man City v Fulham
Fulham v Birmingham
Portsmouth v Fulham


I'm superstitious so I'm not going to make any predictions but I think there ARE seven games we can win. It won't go to plan of course, we'll probably beat Man Utd and lose to Derby, but there's hope in there. The countdown begins on Saturday week, it's gonna be a rollercoaster from here on in.

No comments: