Friday, February 01, 2008

A quick one before I go

Just a quicky to catch up on the deadline day shenanigans. We've added Paul Salteri to our collection of Right Backs. He's signed on loan for the rest of the season. We've also let three players go out on loan. Steven Davis joins Glasgow Rangers (who have an option to buy), Lee Cook will attempt to rehabilitate his knee by going to Charlton Athletic and Tony Warner joins Barnsley for a month. I'm off on a London pub walk this afternoon so, depending on how quick my recovery is, may not be posting again until Sunday. Have a good weekend y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Have a good weekend y'all."

Wow, Clint Dempsey and Eddie Johnson must be rubbing off on you. Scary!

COYW

Anonymous said...

Well Chopper I did forecast a win last Wednesday!! I thought they'd blown it when we gave them the lead but it seemed to motivate them to even better efforts. I have to say I don't know how Aston Villa managed to get to 5th in the Premier, FFC played better football and on yesterday's showing should be up there as well! It was interesting to see the new additions but more especially to see Jimmy Bullard working his socks off even though he obviously has some way to go to get back to his best form. As for Brian McBride, how wonderful to see him back in action. As A.V.'s goal was an own goal can we claim to have won 3-0!! Cheers, Chopper's Dad.

Anonymous said...

BQ - I work with a few Americans and it kind of rubs off! Either that or I'm reading too much American crime fiction!!

Dad - Thanks for the report. I think that says a lot about the state of the Premier League. Villa probably aren't anything special but they make the most of their assetts and work very hard.