Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cookie Crumbles ...

... or in reality gets the sack. I felt after Monday's disaster that if we were going to make a change it had to be this week, and it seems that's what the board thought as well. I think Sanchez is a good choice, completely out of the blue but exactly what we need. It's going to be a scrap until the end of the season, and we need someone who can motivate the players we've got. There's talk that Les Reed could be joining as coach, which can't be a bad thing, and it seems for the time being that Dave Beasant is still in a job. I think if Coleman was going to save his job he needed to get a win out of the last three home games, having only managed 2 points there was no indication that he could get us out of trouble without relying on the misfortune of other teams. I am sad for Chris, he has given us 10 years as a player and manager, and I think always did his best for the club. In the final analysis though, I think his style was based more on motivation and leadership that tactical ability. I wish him well for the future and look forward to an exciting climax to the season.

No comments: