Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Raking over the ashes

I'm not feeling much better about the Arsenal game. I've talked it over with various friends and colleagues and end up with the same conclusions every time. Arsenal ARE very good, but we are also VERY poor. We are very probably going to go down, but if by some minor miracle we don't, it will be the best and most exciting end to a season in Fulham's history.

I took this picture at the game. It's not very good because I used the camera on my phone which is a) not really up to fast moving action and b) a bit foggy thanks to the lack of a lens cover and the inevitable contact with detritus that comes from spending quite a lot of time in my pocket. It does, however, capture the moment just before Gael Clichy crossed for the first Arsenal goal ... I didn't take any more pictures after that.



If the weather is kind and the Memorial Stadium pitch has recovered from the two matches (Bristol Rovers drew with Walsall on Saturday, whilst Bristol Rugby lost to Cardiff Blues on Sunday) that were played at the weekend we may finally get to play our F.A. Cup 3rd round replay tonight. There's a pitch inspection at 10:30 to assess the state of the pitch and, if the go ahead is given, the covers will be put back on until an hour before kick-off. I've placed my bets on a Rover's win and a draw to ensure luck is on our side, but a sell out crowd will almost certainly be anticipating another Premiership exit. I think we NEED to win this game to reclaim a bit of confidence, but to do so we'll have to find a stronger fighting spirit than we managed against Arsenal.

No comments: