Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Vibes from The Neil Cowley Trio

Not trying to steal CCN's thunder but I thought I'd go with a bit of music to get us in the mood. If anyone watched Jools Holland a few weeks back they may have enjoyed a serious Jazz workout from The Neil Cowley Trio. They've been getting some good reviews for their debut album from a wide range of places (Mojo and The Telegraph for starters), but more to the point for Neil (Pianist) is a Fulham fan. I used to live across the road from Richard (Double Bass) and Neil moved in for a while. Neil went off to tour with Zero 7 (don't let that put you off) and I suspect has been doing a lot of session work. This is very much his own thing though and whilst I'm no Jazz fan I really enjoyed it. They're nice guys too and I think have been doing this sort of stuff for a while, so it's great to see them get some recognition for a style of music they obviously love.

Some good stuff on their MySpace page if you fancy it -

http://www.myspace.com/neilcowleytrio


No comments: