Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Zakuani and Omozusi discuss hopes for season

I wasn't supposed to be posting quite as often but a quick trawl through today's NewsNow headlines found a couple of articles that caught my interest.

Gabriel Zakuani had been on loan at Stoke for the past two seasons and was a part of the team that won promotion to the Premier League. There's not been any indication that Stoke were going to bid for him permanently though and this entry from his own Icons site HERE suggests his future is unclear.

"I am back at Fulham now. I'm in limbo a little and don't quite know what's happening. Last Thursday I played for 90 minutes in the friendly against Ipswich (a 0-0 draw held behind closed doors at Motspur Park). I thought I did well. There were quite a few people in the stands so I put my head down and concentrated on what I have to do at Fulham. I'll see if I'm involved when the season starts. If not it might be best to look elsewhere. I'll ask the Manager whether he's got plans for me and take it from there."


Meanwhile Elliott Omosuzi made his league debut for Norwich at Chris Coleman's Coventry where the Canaries lost 2-0. He spoke about being pleased with his performance and needing to adjust to the faster tempo of the Championship. The report also suggests that he will have to earn the right to play and faces competition for the right back spot from Jon Ostemobor, so it will be interesting to see how he does. The full report is on the Norwich website HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recall Tony Pulis mentioning that he hoped to make Zakuani a permanent signing last season, but that talk seemed to die down as they pushed for promotion. I watched a couple of Stoke's games last season, he seemed a bit limited talent-wise, but was very steady and free of mistakes. Perhaps a slightly smaller Ian Pearce?

Anonymous said...

I think it's odd that Stoke haven't made a greater effort to sign him. He's a player they know and you'd think he's be reasonably affordable. I don't think he's got a future with us though.